VIRTUAL HALLWAY GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important notice: Please be aware that
section 10 contains important disclaimers and limitations of liability. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before accessing or using the Website.
These General Terms and Conditions (“Terms'' or “Terms and
Conditions”) constitute a legally binding contract between you
(“User”, “You” or “Your” ) and Virtual Hallway
Consults Inc, established under the federal laws of Canada with its registered office in Halifax, Nova
Scotia, Canada. (“Virtual Hallway”, “Us”, “We”, or “Our”).
www.virtualhallway.ca is the Website operated by Virtual Hallway. The Website also contains Our proprietary
software as a service platform designed to virtually connect health care providers and specialist physicians
These Terms apply to all visitors and users of the Website, including Registered
Users and Unregistered Users. Registered Users are users of the Website who also sign up for or subscribe to
the Platform. Unregistered Users are Website visitors who do not register an account on the Website. If You
are using or accessing the Website on behalf of another person or legal entity, You represent and warrant
that You are an authorized representative of such person or entity.
You agree that you have read and accept these Terms by accessing or browsing through the
Website. We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon Our
posting of such updated Terms and Conditions at this webpage. Your continued access or use of the Website
after such changes constitutes Your consent to be bound by these Terms, as amended.
standard security measures to protect personally identifiable information and personal health
information (collectively “Personal Information”) under Our control from unauthorized
disclosure, loss, misuse, and alteration. Personal information provided on the website are transmitted
through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL) encryption technology. Important information
about Our practices on the collection, use and disclosure of Users’ personal information is
- Additional Terms and Policies.
subject to additional terms and policies agreed in separate agreements with Virtual Hallway, including
event of any conflict, terms and policies of these separate agreements will prevail.
- For greater certainty, you acknowledge that You will be subject to
prevail any terms and conditions hereunder.
- Account Registration.
- You must register an account (“Virtual Hallway Account”)
to access and use the Platform. If You are registering a Virtual Hallway Account for a business,
organization or other legal entity, You represent and warrant that You have the authority to legally
bind that entity and grant Us all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms.
- You must provide accurate, current and complete information during
the registration process and keep Your Virtual Hallway Account and its profile page information up to
date at all times.
- You may not register more than one (1) Virtual Hallway Account
unless Virtual Hallway authorizes You to do so. You may not assign or otherwise transfer Your Virtual
Hallway Account to another party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security
of Your Virtual Hallway Account credentials and may not disclose Your credentials to any third party.
You must immediately notify Virtual Hallway if You know or have any reason to suspect that Your
credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual
or suspected unauthorized use of Your Virtual Hallway Account. You are liable for any and all activities
conducted through Your Virtual Hallway Account. We are not liable for any loss or damages arising
from Your failure to safeguard Your Virtual Hallway Account credentials.
- Using the Website Functionalities
- You represent and warrant that all information supplied by You,
including any personal information, on the Website is true, accurate, current and complete.
- You represent and warrant that you have received proper consent from
third-parties if any information supplied by you contains personal information of these
- As an Unregistered User, you may only use the Website for the
permitted purposes list below:
- create a Virtual Hallway Account for signing up or subscribing to
- browse general information on the Website; and
- use Our contact form to contact Virtual Hallway.
- In addition to the permitted purposes listed in Section 4(c),
Registered User may access and use the Platform after we approve Your Virtual Hallway Account
registration, in accordance with applicable additional terms and policies such as the EULA and Platform
- Subject to applicable privacy law and data retention policies, You
understand and agree that We reserve the sole and absolute right to modify, cancel, suspend, delete, and
terminate Your Virtual Hallway Account, restrict or suspend Your access to Your Virtual Hallway Account,
or reject Your Virtual Hallway Account registration for any or no reason, including but not limited
- violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- violation of any law, regulation, or professional code of conduct;
- our provision of the services to You is no longer commercially
- We will provide You with 30 days’ written notice before
cancelling Your Virtual Hallway Account and any rights and obligations hereunder, at Our sole
- You are prohibited to:
- use the Website for unlawful purposes;
- remove any proprietary notices, including copyright and trademark
notices, from the Website;
- reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works, license, distribute,
lease, sell or resell, transfer, publicly display or perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise
exploit the Website and its contents, unless we grant You a written permission;
- reverse engineer, recompile or disassemble the Website;
- link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Website unless we grant
You a written permission; and
- unduly impair any aspect or functionality of the Website or its
related systems or networks, including data mining and attempt to gain unauthorized access.
- Ending Relationship.
- We may terminate these Terms at any time at Our discretion by
providing notice to Your email address on Your Virtual Hallway Account information profile.
- For Registered Users, You may delete Your Virtual Hallway Account by
emailing Your intention to Our support email: [email protected] Subject to these Terms, EULA, Our
General and Platform Privacy Policies, and any legal requirement, we may keep Your information for tax,
privacy, and securities reasons, fraud prevention, and other lawful purposes for the duration as we
determine to be necessary to fulfill Our legal obligations and business purposes.
- Please note that if You do not agree to these Terms, You must stop
browsing or using the Website, or otherwise You will be deemed to
accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Our Intellectual Property Rights.
- No licenses or rights are granted to You by implication or otherwise
under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Virtual Hallway, except for the rights
expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions.
- Virtual Hallway hereby grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, and
non-transferable license solely to browse and use the Website in accordance with these Terms and
- You agree that the Website and its entire contents, features, and
functionalities, including but not limited to designs, graphics, pictures, illustrations, software,
artwork, video, sound, audio, texts, names, words, titles, phrases, logos and marks (collectively
“Contents”) displayed on the Site are owned by Virtual Hallway, Our licensors, or other
providers of such material and protected by copyright, trademark and any other applicable laws. All
trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of Virtual Hallway used
on or in connection with the Virtual Hallway Platform and Virtual Hallway Website are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Virtual Hallway.
- You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of,
distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or
otherwise exploit the Website except to the extent as expressly permitted in these Terms.
- No Provision of Advice or Services. You should seek legal counsel regarding any legal and compliance issues and should not rely
on any materials or contents associated with Virtual Hallway’s Website in determining compliance
obligations under the applicable law. You agree that Virtual Hallway is not providing to any party any
medical or legal advice.
- User Content.
- Each User is solely responsible for all Contents User uploaded,
emailed, or, in any method, transmitted to the Website or Virtual Hallway (“User Content”).
Subject to other agreements between You and Us, We shall not be liable under any circumstances in any
way for any User Content, including for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of or
otherwise relates to the viewing or use of the Website.
- User Content shall not include Personal Information unless the
information is necessary for the purpose of communicating between You and Us. We adhere to Our Privacy
Policy to the portion of Your User Content that contains Personal Information.
- For any User Content You upload or otherwise make available to us,
You grant Virtual Hallway, a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, and fully
sublicensable license to use, refrain from using, remove, reproduce, modify, edit, copy, adapt, publish,
translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform display and otherwise use such
User Content, in whole or in part. You represent and warrant that You have all the consents, rights,
power and authority necessary to grant the license granted herein to any User Content that You submit.
- You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy,
integrity or quality of such Content.
- We are not obligated to post or display any User Content on the
Website. We reserve the sole and absolute right to remove or modify Your User Content, including such
content that violates applicable law, intellectual property rights, or affects Our ordinary business
operation. We will not be liable to You or any third-party for any suspension or termination of Your
access or removing any of Your User Content.
- Indemnification. User shall indemnify and hold Virtual Hallway and its partners,
employees, and agents harmless against all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses of
any nature whatsoever incurred as a consequence of its non-observance of any regulations or as required
with regards to or in connection with the use of the Website.
- Warranties and Limitation of Liabilities.
- Each party represents and warrants that it has the full right,
power, and authority to enter into and perform its obligations under These Terms without breaching any
obligation to any third party.
- Except as expressly set forth herein, to the extent permitted by
applicable law, Virtual Hallway hereby expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions, express,
implied or statutory, arising
from or otherwise relating to the use of the Website, including but not limited to any implied warranties or
conditions of merchantability, title, satisfactory quality or results, or fitness for a particular
purpose and non-infringement.
- Virtual Hallway does not guarantee that the Website will meet
Your requirements, will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis, or will
be accurate, reliable, free of viruses or other harmful code, complete, legal, or safe.
- Virtual Hallway does not endorse
the content on any third-party websites. Virtual Hallway is not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites, or third-party
advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of
use for such websites.
- Virtual Hallway is not responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and
quality of the information provided on the Website, including but not limited to the FAQ. User must not
treat such information as medical, professional, or legal advice.
- VIRTUAL HALLWAY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES, INCLUDING LOST
PROFITS, LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR
OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF: (I) Your USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR Your INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE
THE WEBSITE; AND (II) ANY USER CONTENT You MAKE AVAILABLE TO Us.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL VIRTUAL HALLWAY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU IN
CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIFTY (50) CANADIAN
- The limitations and disclaimer in this section do not purport
to limit liability or alter Your rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded under applicable
- These Terms shall be governed by the provincial laws of the province(s) in which the User has a license to practice and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, whose provincial Courts shall have the sole jurisdiction to adjudicate claims made in respect of these Terms.
- These Terms comprises the entirety of the contract between the
parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and Virtual Hallway shall not be held liable in
respect of any representation not made in writing herein.
- Virtual Hallway’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict
performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any
provisions or right.
- Virtual Hallway may, in its sole discretion, provide notices or
communications to You by email at the then-current email address for You on file with Virtual Hallway.
Virtual Hallway may be contacted in writing at the email address: [email protected] Virtual
Hallway may change its notice contact information from time to time by posting updated contact details
on the Website.
- All references in these Terms to “dollars” or
“$” are to Canadian dollars, unless otherwise stated.
- You may not assign any of Your rights hereunder without the prior
written consent of Virtual Hallway.
- If any term or provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal or
unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any
other term or provision of these Terms or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in
any other jurisdiction.
- The parties agree that irreparable damage would occur if any
provision of these Terms was not performed in accordance with the terms hereof and that the
parties are entitled to equitable relief, including injunctive relief or specific performance of the
terms hereof, in addition to any other remedy to which they are entitled at law or in equity.
- Virtual Hallway shall not be liable for any loss, damage,
destruction or unreasonable delays caused by events it cannot control: (a) acts of God, the
Queen’s or public enemies, extreme weather conditions, pandemic outbreaks; (b) riots, civil
commotions; (c) strikes, mechanical delays; (d) authority of law; and (e) nuclear reaction, radiation or